Life’s a beach, so enjoy it!
This summer, take your vacation to the max with Sam’s Limousine.
When you grow weary of the hustle and bustle of downtown Houston, when the incessant blaring of horns and never-ending blockade of commuter traffic finally become too much, pack your bags and give Sam’s Limousine a call because it’s time for a long-overdue break.
With school out of session and the heady dog days of summer fast approaching, it’s time to whisk away to sunny, sandy days set to the rhythmic crashing of cerulean waves at Texas’ southernmost beaches.
Round up your best buddies and start planning, because we’ve got the inside scoop on where to go in what Coastal Living has named one of America’s best beaches.
Sam’s Limousine is your key to the ultimate getaway this summer. It’s just a matter of where you want to go!
Minutes from the Texan mainland, the beaches of Galveston are located in between Galveston Island and Pelican Island, just a quick jaunt from Houston’s city limits.
- Seawall Beaches are most popular simply due to their proximity to Galveston’s tourist district. Seawall Urban Park offers a 10-mile stretch along the Gulf of Mexico and “the nation’s longest continuous sidewalk.” Enjoy restaurants and shopping, just steps from the historic Hotel Galvez. Better yet? The 1,130-foot Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier is home to a world-class amusement park that extends over the Gulf for beautiful views.
- Stewart Beach is a long favorite for family-friendly fun with a picnic pavilion, playgrounds, boat ramps, and even lifeguards on duty for an extra set of eyes on the little ones. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, boating, and even surfing. Ditch the excess baggage and take advantage of the chair and umbrella rentals available right on the beach. Just leave the alcohol behind; this beach is a dry area.
- Join the party at East Beach where younger groups flock to this hot destination every summer. Hit the festivals, dance to live music, and join in the annual sandcastle competition alongside the boardwalk. On the eastern end of Galveston, the rules are more flexible here. Alcohol is allowed, as are pets; just be sure to clean up after the fun is complete.
- There’s a reason why Galveston Island was named one of the top 5 best Gulf Coast beaches by the Travel Channel. The Galveston Island State Park is an outdoorsman’s dream with biking, kayaking, birdwatching, fishing, and hiking. Dellanera RV Park and Jamaica Beach RV Resort both offer waterfront camping with the full amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
- Explore Galveston’s many ports before heading to sandier shores. Pelican Island was formerly home to an immigration station, but now the area has taken on a naval focus. At Seawolf Park, check out the USS Cavalla submarine from World War II, as well as the remains of the largest ship ever made, the tanker S. Selma. The Galveston Naval Museum continues to be a popular draw and be sure to schedule your trip to coincide with the special military displays!
With parking passes costing a fortune, it simply isn’t worth the extra hassle and expense of renting a car or driving your own vehicle. Spare yourself the unnecessary mileage and put your gas money toward extra fun when you get there.
Galveston is just a short cruise away, hardly noticeable within the comfort of your private limousine, with plush leather seating, flat screen televisions, fiber optic lighting, and personalized climate control.
For larger groups and family reunions, spread out and enjoy the extra space in a Mercedes Sprinter van for up to 13 guests or choose an executive shuttle bus with reclining seats, complimentary Wi-Fi, and personal charging outlets at each seat for endless entertainment throughout the ride.
Revelers and millennials will undoubtedly appreciate our lavish party buses, so you can ride in the lap of luxury while enjoying amenities like black leather couches, electrifying lighting packages, and a custom sound system to get the trip started on a high note.
With a licensed, insured, and certified ride, you can enjoy the convenience and personal service of an experienced and uniformed driver who will safely and comfortably transport you to this summer’s hottest beach getaway.
You work hard all year round. Now it’s time to let the seas restore you back to health before September once again comes knocking.
Photo credits: https://www.galveston.com/